The VX1000 and the colors of the Netherlands are a perfect match and it’s even better if it’s filmed by the master lensmen Sneep and Ziggy. Lean back and enjoy some very fine skateboarding presented by Vans.
Tag: Pascal Moelaert
This one kinda feels like “The boys are back in town”, Place faves Pascal Moelaert, Rob Maatman, Yeelen Moens, and Tomas de Keulenaer all put it down. But most impressively to us is the way Jan Maarten Sneep put the whole thing together. From interesting zoom angles to the interesting use of effects and titles it is one of his best works this year.
Paul Herrmann – ONLY TO LIVE IN YOUR MEMORIES
One of the best things about moving through time is that you get to see things move, change, and evolve through ups and downs. Paul Herrmann has had a long and hard-fought road to where he is now as a director working for many a famous fashion house or other big brands. Still, he knows where he comes from, and who he came up with. Thus in a way, this video is an homage to all of that road he has traveled together with his friends.
it is lovely to see, it is his best work (in skating) yet and it shows that you do what you do because you love to do it. Enjoy!
Bronx Wheels Europe a photo story by Steffen Grap
A few weeks ago, our beloved friend Steffen Grap went on a trip to visit the Bronx Team all over Europe and the results are an analog journey through more than a handful of country’s including Paris, Stockholm & Bronx Wheels’s hometown Berlin.
Meet Edouard Depaz, Pascal Moelaert, Simon Källkvist, Daniel Pannemann & TM and CEO of Poetic Collective Tom Botwid through the eyes of Steffen Grap:
Find our more on the BRONX Wheels Website and on our Instagram.
Place Presents: Eat Your Veggies – Heidelberger
The Long Read: How Pop went from Clothing to Skateboards
“THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT THIS IS WHAT YOU GET” by Jan Maarten Sneep
Our friends from Free Magazine have just released a new edit by Jan Maarten Sneep featuring all of your favorite skaters from the Netherlands such as Sebastiaan Vijverberg, Rob Maatman, Tim Zom, Pascal Moelaert, Robbin de Wit & Nassim Guammaz.
Pop Trading Company’s “February ’21”
Pop is back with a vengeance, from Rob to Jair, Chima, Pascal, and more this video bring back happy memories to our 2017 Funbox release!
And let’s be fair with Sneep aka Memoryscreen behind the lens you can expect quality!
Place Presents: Karaoke Round Two
Pascal Moelaert – Unsigned Hype
Turtle Production’s “Iphone Roadtrip 2019” Video
Since 2020 got cancelled big time we can proudly look back on the year 2019. Watch Vienna’s most productive crew take a trip to Kassel / Germany, the Alphen DIY & The Netherlands.
Featuring Pascal Moelaert, Ziggy Schaap, Justin Wagener and Turtle Production’s Luci, Fabi, Gabs, Sven & Bjorn.
A new one by our good friends from POP Trading Company who teamed up with the record label Safe-Trip to create a whole collection.
Video by Jan Maarten Sneep featuring Bastiaan van Zadelhoff, Jair Gravenberch, Chima Chibueze, Pascal Moelaert, Hugo Snelooper, Logan Da Silva Ortiz, Tomas De Keulenaar, Billy Hoogendijk, Jeff van der Veken, Alex Raeymaekers, Yeelen Moens, Ali Belhadj & Rob Maatman.
Film and Edit by Jan Maarten Sneep
Karaoke – Poison
Ziggy’s first outing after the Karaoke full length is all about fun fun fun!
Ziggy Schaap – Karaoke
After Rob’s part from this video last week we now get the full thing, “the whole song and dance” as they say.
Props to all involved in creating something new something to cherish and build off in the future!
ОБРИГАДО – Nike SB In The Low Countries
First off, let us start with some facts about this tour.
- On this trip, we had Vincent Huhta, David Jakinda, Hugo Corbin, Santiago Sasson, Marc-A Barbier & Juan Saavedra.
- It was a nine-day trip.
- We had one full dry day.
- Rotterdam, Antwerp, and Lille were the places we traveled to.
- In Holland, we stayed on a houseboat.
- We spoke a lot of our own little twisted Brazillian influenced Portuguese (or that was what we were thinking).
- Obrigado, irmao, vagundo, caralhao, poa, valeu, todo, junto, vagabundo where the words of choice.
- I got to wear that sweet ass Palace Avirex Jacket for a hot minute and flex for a bit.
- Juan Saavedra uses beard oil to keep his shit looking correct.
- Santiago did the best line we have ever seen from him. It was like a stripper jumping out of a birthday cake.
- David & Vincent are like brothers from different mothers. The only difference other than the obvious being that David packs like a Kardashian & Vincent packs like a 1920’s train-hopping blues singer.
- Marc-A Barbier really loves to facetime with his girlfriend.
- Both filmers have very similar names Petr and Peter. They also shared a bed which was easy when we needed to wake them up.
- Scandinavians are simply better at life than the rest of us.
- Hugo Corbin got injured on day one and had to go back home.
- Bringing a Nintendo Switch was necessary even though I was skeptical at first.
- Juan’s phone got stolen 🙁
- Barabakaa is a Russian street spy and he will capture anything weird going on in the streets. Trust me watch the video!
- Belgium has the best fries, Holland has the best-fried food and France thinks they have the best cheese! (I can already hear Santi, & Marc-A protesting)
- We played a lot of bar sports but surprisingly didn’t drink that much.
- Marc-A Barbier is the best house guest ever, he cleaned the boat every morning. Marc-A “Tu es bonne à marier!”
- Santiago ordered way to much Nike stuff to the house so all of our guests ended up getting a nice pre-Christmas present.
- IT RAINED 8 OUT OF 9 DAYS!
So basically this tour was preceded by some of the best weather Europe had seen in a long time. Like the year before it seemed like we would be having an almost endless summer. But as luck would have it, as the tour grew closer so did the clouds. As soon as we all arrived in Amsterdam (our meet up point) the signs weren’t good.
What was good though was the food, we went to:
- A Dutch-style snack bar. (also known in some regions of the Netherlands as brown fruit)
- We ate Surinam food.
- Iranian food.
- Indonesian food (must have).
- Belgian fries.
- Traditional Chinese food (fried pork belly!).
- Had some German meat-heavy food.
- Thai-French fusion.
- And every morning someone made sure we had fresh eggs, some juice, coffee, toast, yogurt, and Nutella.
During this trip we traveled by train, which to be honest is still the nicest way to trave because nobody is forced to drive, we didn’t have to go through security, there is enough room for all the bags and you can still buy coffee in the vehicle without stopping. Also, Greta Thunberg travels that way so…
We also have to give it up for all the great parking garages inside of the cities of Rotterdam and Antwerp. The security guards also let us have our fun so an S/O is in place!
We also had some great guests in both of those cities Pascal Moelaert, Aaron Tiekink, Sneep, Ziggy Schaap, Alex Raeymaekers, Yannick Gores & Wallem. You guys really helped guide us through the raindrops to the right spots at the right time. Without really ever complaining, chapeau!
Vincent Huhta and David Jakinda have been best friends for a long time. How far back? Well, David told me his mom used to grip Vincent’s board when he stayed over at their house when they were young.
This was their first tour together and when we asked them they both said I’ll go if he goes. Vincent even cut short a London trip just so he could come skate with David. Obviously they roomed together the entire trip and it feels like they motivated each other a lot as well not only verbally but also by actions.
When one would film a trick and was having a hard time the other usually skated the spot with him just to back him up and keep the vibe right. Which often resulted in us getting way more tricks from both of them at spots that weren’t typical. They would often make it a little sesh together and all we had to do was point and shoot.
Because of their bond, they also were at ease at almost all locations and truth be told just fun and easy to be around their friendship also extended and made us all as a group become a bit closer as well and that is worth a lot.
Last but not least all the skate shops, Ben-G, Skatestore Rotterdam, Lockwood & Zeropolis are all places that helped us and help their scenes on a daily basis. We all know that with the current situation things aren’t easy for them so don’t forget them and show them your support in both easy and hard times.
In Cooperation with Nike SB.
Photo & Video by Barabakaa.
Additional filming by Peter Buikema
This article was written by Roland Hoogwater.
Ziggy Schaap – 1920×2019
If you have been following Ziggy’s Horizontal series this video should give you a “Deja Vu” type of feeling.
Jan Maarten Sneep, Marthyn Guiljam, Reyndert Guiljam, Remco Stolze, Robbin de Wit, Jip Koorevaar, Pascal Moelaert, Roland Hoogwater, Sebastiaan Vijverberg, Jeremy van der Eijk, Jesse Voerman, Thomas van den Hoeven, Justin Wagener & Bastiaan van Zadelhoff
Horizontal #5 – Little Stunts & the Fanaccount
Ziggy is blessing us with another episode of his Horizontal series, which is becoming a weekly thing it seems like.
Feat.: Pascal Moelaert, Rob Maatman, Justin Wagener, Robbin de Wit, Rens Verbruggen, Jan Maarten Sneep, Thomas van den Hoeven, Dana van der Geer, Sebastiaan Vijverberg & Alex van Zwietering.
Horizontal #2 – Bastiaan & the Jumpramps
Ziggy‘s second installment from his “Horizontal” series is here, a weekend with Bastiaan & the Jumpramps. Featuring: Justin Wagener, Remco Stolze, Pascal Moelaert, Mike van Anrooy, Billy Hoogendijk, Jip Koorevaar, Bastiaan van Zadelhoff, Jeremy van der Eijk, Alex van Zwietering.
Horizontal #1 – Holand
We usually don’t talk to police and even when in court did not say a word but our very own Roland Hoogwater recently broke that rule while he was visiting a few friends back in his motherland, just to get a few clips for Ziggy Schaaps new series “Horizontal”. Fair enough!
The first one comes with Sebastiaan Vijverberg, Pascal Moelaert, Alex van Zwietering, Myself, Jip Koorevaar & Noah Bunink skating Amsterdam & Den Haag.
Pop Clip #39
The annual Paris with the Pop squad is upon us once again but this time it seems they really went all out.